14 may. 2011

Charlotte Martin


You can't judge the love by the lover,
the sky by its thunder,
the road with no sign.
You can't make the snow fall in summer.

I will say with all my might that:
I'm imperfect,
uncertain,

and I cannot
make this work if you won't take my call.
We do get colder now that we're much older
and we're also bolder.
Words fly far away
and it doesn't work today.

Maybe you'll stay in touch years down the road.
Maybe we'll meet up in Denver
talk about weather,
talk of old times.
I know every word that we said
was what we both meant,
well, we meant it at the time.

I'll be standing up straight,
chasing rivers, shadows and time.
The sun may come up and go down again
and I'll still swear it's a beautiful life.

Time flies, time cries.
Oh time flies, time cries.

So swim to the end of the river
until there's no shiver.
Live like there won't be tomorrow,
see through your sorrow,
see through your own eyes.

Try to remember these days down the road and
try to remember this time.
The sun may come up and go down again
I'll still swear it's a beautiful life.

Maybe I'll be here.
Maybe...

Now, I'm moving on my way. 

(Modification of "Beautiful life"&"Apology", songs by Charlotte Martin)


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario en la entrada